[center]اهلا بزوارنا الكرام

نرحب بكم فى كل اوقات فى منتديات صقور شقلاوة

فإن كنت عضو معنا فقم بتسجيل الدخول

او اذا كنت كنت زائر قم بتسجيل معنا

بسم الاب و الابن و الروح القدس

نعمة يسوع معكم و معنا

الرب يحميكم [/center
منتديــــــات صقـــــــــــــــــور شقلاوة
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

منتديــــــات صقـــــــــــــــــور شقلاوة

الرئيسيةرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

ted power

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
brak
brak
brak
brak

الخنزير
عدد المساهمات : 136
نقاط : 416
تاريخ الميلاد : 21/06/1995
تاريخ التسجيل : 27/07/2010
العمر : 28
المزاج : السباحة

ted power Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: ted power   ted power I_icon_minitimeالسبت يوليو 31, 2010 11:13 am

The real advance in the 1980s and 1990s, was neither in the shambles that has come to be known as CLT [Communicative Language Teaching] nor in the fashion to dress up every piece of learning as a behavioural objective or task to be analysed ad infinitum.

By the time my teaching career came to an end in 1996, learner independence had really taken off and the advent of the Internet meant that a growing population of learners with home computers, based all around the world, could access reading and listening comprehension materials (e.g. newspapers and BBC radio broadcasts) from their homes. I was interested to discover that many teachers were producing special web sites to provide English language learners with new distance learning opportunities. Some sites (e.g. The Internel TESL Journal) maintain lists of resources, linking learners to web sites covering more aspects of English language learning than most teachers know!

I started my own site while recuperating in my parents' home from the collision which nearly cost me my life. During this four-year attempt to gain sufficient independence to return to my own home, it was important for my own self-respect that all the training and experience of previous years did not go to waste. Following a 4-week residential pain management course in 1998 at Unsted Park Hospital Godalming Surrey, where participants were encouraged to set themselves targets, I managed to teach myself sufficient HTML to design basic web pages. I received encouragement from the editor of the Internet TESL Journal, who invited me to submit quizzes and suggested ways I could improve the design of my web pages.

I already had fairly recent material to upload to my site since I had written First Time In England [ my graded reader for beginners ] and Prepare for Discussion [ a suite of materials for higher-level learners including themed crosswords ] during 1997. The need to reduce the clutter I had hoarded since the early 1970s gave new urgency to the task of reviewing all the materials I had collected as both learner and teacher. This offered scope for web pages on Teacher Training & TEFL methodology.

Education and employment

Sep.69-Jul.72

London University External

B.A. Eng, Econ & Fr.

Sep.72-Jul.73

Berkshire College of Education

PGCE Junior/Middle Distinction

Sep.73-Jul.74

Lycée Polyvalent, Tiaret, ALGERIA (14-19 age range)

EFL Teacher recruited by Voluntary Service Overseas

Sep.74-Jul.75

Oxford College of Further Education

Lecturer in English & Mathematics to Pre-nurses

Sep.75-Jul.77

Mayfield Middle School, Walton-on-T.

Head of French

Jun.78-Sep.80

The English Language Centre, Hove

TEFL for varying periods

Sep.80-Jul.82

Fagersta AB Steelworks, Fagersta, SWEDEN

TEFL/ESP and Cambridge courses Dip RSA TEFL

Sep.83-Sep.86

ELC, Hove

TEFL

Swedish Folk High School

Varying periods on Pensioners' Courses.

Sep.84-Jul.86

London University Birkbeck College

M.A. in Second Lang. Learning and Teaching

Jan.87-Jun.87

INISEL Group (Electronics Company) Madrid, SPAIN

TEFL/ESP

Jun.87-Dec.91

ELC, Hove

TEFL

Jan.91-Nov.96

ELC, Hove

Teaching Resources Manager (Main Intensive Course)

Arrow Smile
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

ted power
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديــــــات صقـــــــــــــــــور شقلاوة :: الغة english-
انتقل الى: